- RSS Channel Showcase 5771393
- RSS Channel Showcase 6314421
- RSS Channel Showcase 3536788
- RSS Channel Showcase 4246324
Articles on this Page
- 12/14/10--23:22: _Ouija Won’t Be Scary
- 08/28/12--23:09: _Exclusive: Juliet S...
- 12/05/13--06:53: _Ouija Finds Its Lea...
- 12/06/13--13:05: _Bates Motel’s Cooke...
- 12/11/13--16:50: _Ouija Adds Four Mor...
- 01/11/14--04:19: _Brad Fuller on The ...
- 01/30/14--14:55: _Ouija Opening This ...
- 06/06/14--10:54: _So, There’s a Trail...
- 06/23/14--15:34: _Ouija Possession Ca...
- 07/06/14--22:18: _Discussion: Are Aud...
- 07/16/14--10:20: _The Ouija Trailer F...
- 08/19/14--20:52: _Ouija Summons a New...
- 09/23/14--12:47: _A New Ouija Trailer...
- 10/19/14--03:27: _Insidious Chapter 3...
- 10/20/14--13:00: _Shock Video: We’re ...
- 10/24/14--11:04: _Review: Ouija Favor...
- 10/26/14--14:38: _Ouija Wins the Week...
- 12/08/14--08:40: _Watch the Blu-ray T...
- 12/08/14--08:32: _Watch the Blu-ray T...
- 01/15/15--11:50: _Fuller and Form Tal...
- 12/14/10--23:22: Ouija Won’t Be Scary
- 12/05/13--06:53: Ouija Finds Its Leading Man, Plot Details Revealed
- 12/06/13--13:05: Bates Motel’s Cooke Gets Drawn to the Ouija
- 12/11/13--16:50: Ouija Adds Four More, Oculus Gets a Release Date
- 01/11/14--04:19: Brad Fuller on The Purge 2, Ouija and Nightmare on Elm Street
- 01/30/14--14:55: Ouija Opening This October, Del Toro’s Crimson Peak Pushed
- 06/06/14--10:54: So, There’s a Trailer for Ouija in Theaters Now…
- 06/23/14--15:34: Ouija Possession Caught on Video, Not Part of Viral Promotion
- 07/06/14--22:18: Discussion: Are Audiences Getting Tired of the Supernatural?
- 07/16/14--10:20: The Ouija Trailer Finally Makes Its Online Premiere
- 08/19/14--20:52: Ouija Summons a New Preview!
- 09/23/14--12:47: A New Ouija Trailer Discourages You from Contacting the Dead
- 10/19/14--03:27: Insidious Chapter 3 Trailer to Hit the Screen This Friday?
- 10/20/14--13:00: Shock Video: We’re Talking With the Cast of Ouija
- 10/24/14--11:04: Review: Ouija Favors Cheap Scares Over Genuine Fear
- 10/26/14--14:38: Ouija Wins the Weekend Box Office with $20 Million
- 12/08/14--08:40: Watch the Blu-ray Trailer for Ouija
- 12/08/14--08:32: Watch the Blu-ray Trailer for Ouija
- 01/15/15--11:50: Fuller and Form Talk The Developing Friday the 13th and Ouija 2
Writers briefly hint at what's to come
The long-mooted Ouija film has faced a few ups and downs. Originally conceived as a big-budget adventure movie, Ouija, naturally, takes its cue from the Hasbro "game" of the same name. The project saw its beginnings at Universal, but it was kicked over to Paramount where McG was attached to helm. Earlier this year, however, Ouija reverted back to Universal with Blumhouse Productions (Paranormal Activity), Platinum Dunes (Friday the 13th) and Hasbro (Transformers, Battleship) producing. It was then that Juliet Snowden and Stiles White were revealed to be not just the writers, but the directors as well.
The pair, who penned Boogeyman, Knowing and this week's release, The Possession, spoke to Shock Till You Drop last night at the red carpet premiere of the latter and talked about the appeal of Ouija, the potential for good on-screen frights and potential release month.
The post Exclusive: Juliet Snowden, Stiles White Talk Horrors, Appeal of Universal’s Ouija Film appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
Ouija is a film that has been in development for a bit now. It started out as a big Jumanji-esque adventure based on the Hasbro board game, but after the budget became a bit too much for the studio, it was reworked into something smaller.
Written and directed by Juliet Snowden and Stiles White (The Possession), the film, per Deadline, now concerns "a group of teens playing with a Ouija board, making contact with an evil spirit, and desperately trying to close the door they
The post Ouija Finds Its Leading Man, Plot Details Revealed appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
Ouija, the supernatural thriller produced by Blumhouse Productions and Platinum Dunes, is casting fast. It was just revealed yesterday that Daren Kagasoff joined the cast. Now, THR is reporting today that Olivia Cooke will star.
Cooke is best known to genre fans for her turn on Bates Motel. On that hit A&E series, she plays Emma opposed Freddie Highmore's Norman Bates and Vera Farmiga's Norma Bates.
Ouija begins shooting in Los Angeles this week and THR is saying Bianca Santos, Erin Moriarty, Ana Coto and Vivis Colombetti have joined the cast. They'll co-star with Bates Motel's Olivia Cooke, Douglas Smith and Daren Kagasoff.
The film, written and directed by Juliet Snowden and Stiles White, concerns a group of friends who use the Ouija board in an attempt to reach out to a recently deceased friend. Instead, they open their lives to a dark force.
CraveOnline met up with producer Brad Fuller of Platinum Dunes at the Television Critics Association press tour on Friday and got a lot of updates on the company's upcoming horror offerings. Following the success of the first, low-budget film, Universal Pictures has already set a June 20, 2014 release date for The Purge 2, starring Frank Grillo.
The post Brad Fuller on The Purge 2, Ouija and Nightmare on Elm Street appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
Universal is making some adjustments to its genre line-up. Let's begin with Ouija. The Platinum Dunes/Blumhouse Productions effort will open October 14th.
The film stars Olivia Cooke, Erin Moriarity, Douglas Smith, Bianca Santos and Daren Kagasoff and is directed by Stiles White. Ouija concerns a group of friends use the eponymous board game in an attempt to contact a deceased friend, but only open a door to a malevolent force instead.
The post Ouija Opening This October, Del Toro’s Crimson Peak Pushed appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
Unexpectedly, the trailer for Ouija - a Universal release - is making its debut in theaters this weekend. If you venture out to see The Fault in Our Stars, there's a very good chance you'll see it. This is an unusual move these days as it seems a week doesn't go by where a trailer - or the trailer for a trailer - makes its online debut, heralding its arrival in multiplexes everywhere.
?Let me just state up front that the video here is actually not part of a viral gimmick or promotion for Ouija, the film opening in theaters October 24th. This is, according to Daily Mail, video of a 22-year-old girl who reportedly became posssessed after screwing around with a Ouija board in the Mexican village of San Juan Tlacotenco. The girl, her brother and her cousin - all from the U.S. - began playing with the game until, "minutes into it, she apparently started 'growling' and thrashing around in a 'trance-like' state."
The post Ouija Possession Caught on Video, Not Part of Viral Promotion appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
Deliver Us from Evil opened at the start of the 4th of July holiday weekend. To date, it has grossed $15 million since opening Wednesday, July 2nd, but box office analysts are focusing their targets on the film's $9.5 million weekend gross and taking fire. Understandable. That's a pretty weak weekend performance. It was up against the new comedy Tammy and holdovers likes Transformers, 22 Jump Street and How to Train Your Dragon. If you recall, Deliver Us from Evil was pushed up from its original 2015 release date because Sony was so confident in the film that it thought Deliver could earn some big bucks akin to The Conjuring's mid-summer success last year.
Regardless of the quality of Deliver Us from Evil, I honestly think the film would have had a tough go of it at the box office because, more or less...audiences are getting supernatural fatigue.
The post Discussion: Are Audiences Getting Tired of the Supernatural? appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
Out of all of the places for the Ouija trailer debut, I didn't expect it to premiere on the Facebook page for Pretty Little Liars. Alas, that's where it hit and you can watch it here at Shock now. I guess we now know what audience they're going after.
The film is the latest production from Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes. Stiles White directs and Olivia Cooke, Shelley Hennig, Douglas Smith, Bianca Santos and Daren Kagasoff star. They play group of friends use a Ouija board in an attempt to contact a deceased friend, but only open a door to a malevolent force instead.
The post The Ouija Trailer Finally Makes Its Online Premiere appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
Universal Pictures has summoned a new preview for their upcoming supernatural thriller, Ouija. Check it out in the player below! […]
There's a new trailer out for Ouija, the supernatural thriller coming from Universal on October 24th. Directed by Stiles White and starring Olivia Cooke, Douglas Smith, Bianca Santos, Daren Kagasoff, Vivis Colombetti, Ana Coto and Erin Moriarty, Ouija follows a group of friends who must confront their most terrifying fears when they awaken the dark powers of an ancient spirit board.
The post A New Ouija Trailer Discourages You from Contacting the Dead appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
A Shock reader who works for a movie theater informed us today that they've received the teaser trailer for Insidious Chapter 3 and it's apparently going to run before Ouija when the film opens this Friday, October 24th.
This makes sense because the latter is a Blumhouse Production (well, a joint production with Platinum Dunes that's getting released through Universal).
The post Insidious Chapter 3 Trailer to Hit the Screen This Friday? appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
This Friday sees the release of Ouija and, recently, Shock Till You Drop attended a screening of the supernatural thriller at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. Following a look at the film, we joined cast members Olivia Cooke, Daren Kagasoff, Shelley Hennig, Ana Coto and Bianca Santos in the spooky locale to chat about their experience working on this Blumhouse and Platinum Dunes production.
The gang talk about the "hilarious" time they had on set, Witchboard, working with director Stiles White, the proper handling of a Ouija board and why some cast members think the film is a "good family horror movie."
Is it scary? No. Is it occasionally startling? Occasionally, but it
The post Review: Ouija Favors Cheap Scares Over Genuine Fear appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
The weekend before Halloween saw the release of an obligatory horror film in the form of Ouija (Universal), pairing Blumhouse […]
The post Ouija Wins the Weekend Box Office with $20 Million appeared first on ComingSoon.net.
After grossing over $70 million worldwide and counting, Universal’s $5-million budgeted horror hit Ouija proved to be yet another low-cost […]
Universal's horror hit comes to Blu-ray, DVD and DIGITAL HD February 3
And by talk, I mean mention. And by mention, I mean in very brief sentences. The news is barely there! […]
The post Fuller and Form Talk The Developing Friday the 13th and Ouija 2 appeared first on ComingSoon.net.